Marine Biology Master Student Position on Fregate, Seychelles
CORAL RESTORATION STUDY SUPPORTED BY MINERAL ACCRETION TECHNOLOGY
(CHARGING REEF STRUCTURES 24 HRS VS 12 HRS DAYTIME VS 12 HRS NIGHTTIME)
Location: Fregate Island Private, Seychelles
Renowned conservation retreat Fregate Island Private and Coralive.org are pleased to announce a year-long Master’s Research Position at Fregate Island Private in collaboration with luxury Swiss watchmaker, Blancpain.
The exciting program offers one student the chance to spend a year immersing themselves in the complex world of coral research and restoration by studying the effects of Mineral Accretion Technology (MAT) on coral reefs. Additionally, the student will learn more about the extraordinary conservation initiatives of Fregate Island Private, including the Seychelles Magpie Robin that was rescued from near extinction, while the student works closely with the islands Conservation Team on several tasks.
The position will start in February, 2021 and last about 1 year.
The position is open to all students who are currently enrolled in a Master’s Program in Marine Biology or similar and will be linked to the university where the student is studying. Students must be able to gain credit for their degree. Included in the Research Position is a visa, room and board with the Seychelles Fregate Conservation Team, a small weekly stipend, field work clothing, laundry, high speed internet, the possibility to help out with turtle, tortoise, and bird conservation teams of Fregate Island Private and transfers to Fregate Island Private. Please note that international flights are not included.
Master’s Students from around the world are encouraged to apply until mid-October 2020.
– Open to any gender and nationality
– Bachelor’s in Marine Biology or similar is mandatory
– You must be currently enrolled in a University Master’s Program related to Ocean Conservation
– Minimum Advanced Open Water Diver, Minimum 60 dives, own equipment preferred
– You are an experienced scientific diver, can raise and process data, Image-J software experienced
– You can work in remote, tropical locations and team play is your strength
– You are available for 1 year
– Own Underwater Camera (not GoPro) required
– You are open to Social Media campaigns related to the project
To apply, please fill in the application form under: Application closed as of October 15th 2020
If you have any quesitons, feel free to contact us directly under [email protected].